Cornerstone provides prevention, intervention, and treatment services for adolescents and adults who have been impacted by substance use disorders as well as problem gambling.
We know the damage these problems can cause to individuals, families and communities and we are committed to helping rebuild fractured lives and relationships. If you or a loved one are being impacted by substance use or problem gambling, call our office today and speak to one of our counselors at any of our four locations.
Our professional staff includes credentialed prevention professionals, nationally certified addictions counselors, licensed social workers, and DOT recognized Substance Abuse Professionals.
Cornerstone was established in 1973 through the passage of state legislation and county ordinances. The agency serves Greenwood, Edgefield, McCormick, and Abbeville counties. Cornerstone is licensed by the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (SC DHEC) and gained national accreditation from Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in 1993.
VISION, MISSION, CORE VALUES & COMMITTMENTS
Our VISION is to operate efficiently and effectively in providing affordable, accessible, high quality alcohol and other drug abuse prevention, intervention and treatment services to the general public, as well as to special or high risk populations.
Our MISSION is to reduce the negative health, social and economic consequences resulting from the use and abuse of alcohol and other drugs.
The agency, its staff and board, shall adhere to these CORE VALUES:
- Integrity: Uncompromising adherence to established and recognized ethical principles in all phases of operations and services. Exercising good judgment in professional practices. Honesty and truthfulness.
- Respect: Unwavering respect for the dignity of all people.
- Charity: Awareness of the needs of others and the sincere offering of care, support, kindness, goodwill, tolerance and compassion.
- Dedication: Resolute commitment to the vision and mission of the agency, to our clientele, and, to the communities we serve.
- Excellence: Determined pursuit of efficient, effective, accountable high quality services, programs and operations.
The agency, its staff and board, shall hold-fast these COMMITMENTS:
- Providing quality care by evaluating our programs and services according to established standards of applicable health professions and regulatory bodies, and implementing changes as required.
- Assisting each client in attaining optimal outcomes within the limits of available resources.
- Maintaining a cost-effective institution through the use of sound business practices and practices that reflect social justice. Allocating adequate resources for the provision of appropriate services, programs, facilities and equipment.
- Working in partnership with other community, state and federal resources.
- Recruiting conscientious personnel and providing a safe and healthy work environment.
- Recognizing our employee’s unique contributions and offering them opportunities to maximize their potential.
TRAUMA INFORMED CARE
Cornerstone aims to operate as a trauma informed agency by:
- Realizing the widespread impact of trauma and understanding the potential paths for recovery
- Recognizing the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved with the system
- Responding by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices
- Seeking to actively resist re-traumatization
- Adhering to the trauma informed care principles of safety, trustworthiness, choice, collaboration, and empowerment
Cornerstone expects all staff members to possess and adhere to the highest personal and professional standards of ethics and to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Cornerstone’s organizational philosophy and professional values. Staff are expect to comply with all pertinent laws and regulations regarding the ethical code of conduct, including those contained in Title 8 Chapter 13 of the SC Code of Laws.